The latest iOS update version 8.0.1 has left users with loss of cellular service or ability to use Touch ID after updating to iOS 8.0.1 on iPhone 6 or iPhone 6 Plus.
Apple workaround is to reinstall iOS 8 through iTunes by following the instructions provided below. They have stated they are working deligently towards a resolve and are hoping to release the fix in the form of iOS 8.0.2 in the next few days.
- Make sure that you’re using the latest version of iTunes.
- Connect your iPhone to iTunes.
- Back up your iPhone in iTunes on your Mac or PC. iCloud backups won’t restore to earlier versions, including iOS 8.0.
- Download the file below that corresponds to your device:
- Select the file you just downloaded by doing one of these in iTunes:
- Mac: Press the Option key and click Check for Update.
- Windows: Press the Shift key and click Check for Update.
- Press Update to install iOS 8 on your iPhone.
The Health app won’t work in iOS 8 after these steps. It will be fixed in our upcoming iOS 8.0.2 software update.
For those of us who blindly updated without a second thought, panicked when the cellular service disappeared (few of our Apple faithfuls in our office), I have to admit the silence was golden, albeit just for a while but it was wonderful. Ah well back to normality again!